MossRehab, the top-ranked rehabilitation facility in Pennsylvania by U.S. News & World Report and among the top 10 in the country, provides first class rehabilitation expertise combined with the support case managers, clinicians and families need to navigate the workers' injury rehab system.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Us/Make a Referral
MossRehab has multiple programs serving patients with catastrophic injuries. We aspire for our patients to return to their communities. Planning for next level of care occurs early after admission so therapies and goals are tailored to each individual’s desires and capabilities.
MossRehab has 15 programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), the foremost international accrediting body of rehab providers. Over the last several years, MossRehab has maintained more CARF-accredited programs than any other rehab provider on U.S.News & World Report’s “Best Hospitals” list.
Programs serving individuals with catastrophic injuries include:
- CARF-Accredited Spinal Cord Injury Program
- Full continuum of services for individuals with spinal cord injuries.
- Inpatient rehabilitation program spinal cord injury care.
- Lifetime follow up continuum of services.
- CARF-Accredited Limb Amputation Program
- CARF-Accredited Brain Injury Program
- CARF-Accredited Multiple Medical Trauma and Musculoskeletal Injury Program
- We work closely with patients, case managers and referral sources to ensure transparency and allow for appropriate management of a patient’s health and case at all levels. At MossRehab, we are dedicated to providing a smooth continuum of care, whether a person is here for the entire duration of their recovery or they pursue their next level of care at a location closer to their home.
- Outpatient Services
- MossRehab provides outpatient therapy at 12 locations throughout the Delaware Valley. Services of interest to patients covered by workers’ injury rehab include:
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies, empowering patients to achieve aspirational and attainable goals from safe swallowing to ambulating a workplace with a new disability
- Functional Capacity Evaluations
- Work Conditioning
- Adaptive driving evaluation and training at locations in Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey
- Physical Medicine and Rehab
- We have physicians of physical medicine and rehabilitation who see patients in an outpatient setting. Specialty clinics and laboratories include:
Our clinical leaders and care teams have extensive experience managing catastrophic cases and working with workers’ injury rehab agencies. We see patients from around the world who come to us to receive care from one of the top 10 rehab facilities in the U.S. Click below to learn more about our leaders for our programs serving patients with catastrophic injuries.
Peggy Seminara, RN, MHA, CNE, Senior Director, Operations
Alberto Esquenazi, MD, MossRehab chief medical officer and director of the Amputation Programs
Thomas Watanabe, MD, clinical director of the Brain Injury and Stroke Programs
Carmen Angles, MD, clinical director of the Comprehensive Rehabilitation Unit
Jeffrey North, MD, musculoskeletal pain
Leonard Kamen, DO, pain management
Frequently Asked Questions
For Injured Workers and their Families
Why should I receive care at MossRehab?
MossRehab's dedicated team of clinicians are committed to working closely with the patient, the family, referring providers, and case managers to deliver coordinated care and ensure the best possible outcomes for you or your family member. We understand the importance of integrated care, smooth transitions and discussing planning for the next level of care even in advance of an admission to the hospital. We work with the patient and family to understand what human and financial resources are available to ensure care transitions.
Can I tour the facility?
Yes, we are happy to arrange a tour of our facilities. See the contact information below to schedule a visit.
Who can make a referral?
Referrals can come from patients, clinicians, case managers, workers compensation agencies or family members.
How do I make a referral?
It's easy. Just contact us using the information below.
If I am from out of the area, how can I make arrangements for myself and my family?
If you have any additional questions ranging from local car rental agencies to where to stay, we are here to help you. Just contact us using the information below.
For Case managers & Social Workers
Why should I refer my patients to MossRehab?
- MossRehab consistently ranks as the number one rehab facility in Pennsylvania and among the top 10 rehab facilities in the country by U.S. News and World Report
- Our patients make more functional gains than regional and national rehab facilities. We also have higher community reentry rates than many regional and national facilities.
- MossRehab works with a variety of agencies and case managers. We welcome their participation in rounds, family meetings, and discharge planning.
- We are in communication on a consistent basis on terms tailored to the preferences of each case manager.
- We provide a continuum of care and support to patients beyond an inpatient admission. With 12 outpatient facilities, we are well equipped to serve patients living in the community.
What is the referral process?
It's easy. Just use the contact information below.
To contact us, you can reach out directly to Peggy Seminara, our workers' injury liaison at email@example.com.