The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at MossRehab is a clinically-supervised exercise, education and support program designed to improve the heart health of patients recovering from heart attacks, heart surgery and coronary intervention procedures.
Following a physician's referral, patients receive a thorough evaluation and a program is customized to restore the patient's health and meet his or her individual needs and goals.
We offer Cardiac Rehabilitation at two convenient locations, to learn more or make an appointment for evaluation, please contact us at:
The Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
Cardiac rehabilitation teaches you how to make meaningful lifestyle changes, such as introducing a heart-healthy diet and exercise, which can lead to a stronger heart and better health, resulting in an increase in activity. Besides feeling better and reducing your risk of future heart problems, cardiac rehab can help you to manage high blood pressure, lower your cholesterol, reduce stress and return to work sooner and safely.
The program includes:
- Monitored and supervised exercise to improve cardiovascular function and modify cardiac risk factors. A wide variety of exercise options are available including treadmills, recumbent bicycles, weight training equipment and a heated therapy pool.
- Education sessions that focus on nutrition, exercise guidelines, risk factor identification, stress reduction, blood pressure and cholesterol control.
- Support provided by a team of experienced medical professionals such as a registered nurse and exercise physiologists.
Who Can Benefit
Candidates for outpatient cardiac rehabilitation include individuals recovering from:
- Heart attack
- Angioplasty or stent placement
- Open heart surgery, including bypass and valve replacement or repair
- Heart failure
- Heart transplant
- Ventricular assist device placement
After discharge from the program, patients are encouraged to make exercise a lifelong commitment by exercising at home, in a community setting or with MossRehab through the MossRehab Maintenance Program. The Maintenance Program offers a supervised and friendly environment to continue the progress made in the rehabilitation program. This includes access to our spacious gym and our 25-meter therapeutic pool.
Joining the Program
- The Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at MossRehab accepts referrals from your physician. Insurance coverage can vary from plan to plan. Prior to outpatient enrollment, patients should check their individual coverage, as referrals may be necessary.
- Once enrolled, patients usually attend sessions two to three times per week depending on their physician's recommendation.
For more information about the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at MossRehab Norristown, call us at 484-622-7570.
For more information about the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program at Medical Office Building at Tabor, call us at 215-456-9201.