The Department of PM&R at MossRehab is seeking candidates for its non-ACGME Interventional Spine and Musculoskeletal Fellowship under the supervision of Christopher Plastaras, MD, beginning July 1, 2020. The fellowship lasts 12 months and includes clinical care, interventional care, teaching, and research experiences.
MossRehab has been ranked among the top rehabilitation providers in the U.S. for 26 years by U.S. News & World Report and is top ranked in Pennsylvania. In an academic program this fellowship will expose you to:
- Evaluation and management of acute, subacute, and chronic musculoskeletal & spine pathology in a nonopioid physiatric based practice.
- Work “shoulder to shoulder” with a team of specialists including several board certified physiatrists, musculoskeletal physical therapists, and athletic trainers.
- Learn different assessment and therapeutic approaches.
- Teach and supervise medical students and PM&R residents.
- Participate or develop research opportunities.
- Learn from recognized experts in the field and be mentored by a team of MSK/Spine PM&R specialists
- Learn fluoroscopic guided spinal injections and ultrasound guided evaluation and treatment techniques.
Some of the procedures you will learn include:
- Epidural injections, selective spinal nerve injections
- Zygapophysial joint injections
- Medial branch, dorsal ramus, lateral branch blocks
- Sacroiliac joint injections - intraarticular hip, knee, and shoulder injections
- Ultrasound guided peripheral joint injections–radiofrequency ablation procedures–cervical, lumbar, knee and hip
- Intrathecal therapy management, including trialing, refill, programming and troubleshooting
- Peripheral nerve stimulation including fluoroscopic and ultrasound guided lead placement
For more information and to apply, click here for the fellowship brochure.
Questions? Contact Dr. Plastaras:
Christopher Plastaras, MD
Clinical Director, Spine, Sports & Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
60 Township Line Road
Elkins Park, PA 19027