Jefferson Aphasia Center programs and services include:
- The Advanced Clinical Therapy (ACT) Program is a specialized outpatient therapy program developed for patients with chronic or persisting aphasia greater than six months. Treatment emphasizes developing effective home practice routines using computers whenever possible.
- Outside of Philadelphia, the ACT program offers an in-depth evaluation and a treatment plan that can be carried out by the patient’s treating clinician.
- In the Aphasia Center computer lab, we enlist preprogrammed exercises, with trained volunteers.
- SentenceShaper™ is another unique program that aids patients in formulating and producing more complete and informative language.
- Social approaches assist rehabilitation. Our Activity Center offers conversation and support groups, a book club, a computer lab, a weekly cards group, educational programs and a place to socialize—all crucial to long term recovery and reintegration into community activities.
- Voices of Jefferson Aphasia Center (VOJAC) is the driving force behind the Aphasia Center. VOJAC volunteers organize events, run group activities, spearhead fundraising events and advocate for aphasia awareness.
Learn more about the Aphasia Center.