The Stroke Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Program
The Stroke Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation (SCOR) day program provides outpatient services for patients who have had a stroke or a non-traumatic head injury. Our outpatient stroke treatment recovery teams emphasize improving functional performance within the home and community settings. Weekly team meetings are held in order to monitor patient progress.
Request an Appointment
What to Expect From Our Outpatient Stroke Therapy
We provide customized, interdisciplinary treatment that can include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, neuropsychology, and therapeutic recreation. Outpatient therapy is available two to three times per week for an average of three hours per day, based on clinical need and insurance guidelines.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is core to the stroke rehabilitation process at Jefferson Moss-Magee Rehabilitation for both inpatients and outpatients. Our outpatient stroke rehabilitation program, which uses specially designed exercises and equipment to help patients regain or improve their physical abilities, focuses on moving the patient back toward independence.
- Occupational Therapy: Our occupational therapy stroke rehabilitation address activities of daily living. That can range from waking up and brushing your teeth to getting dressed and showered, eating breakfast, going to work, being a parent, enjoying leisure activities and driving. Our outpatient stroke rehabilitation program aims at improving patient’s skills in activities that give their life meaning.
- Speech Therapy: Whether you or a family member are having a problem with speech, aphasia or swallowing, the speech language pathologists in our outpatient stroke rehabilitation program can help. Their multidisciplinary expertise, coupled with some of the most innovative technology available, means that our speech therapy rehabilitation leads to perceptive evaluations, targeted treatment plans and ambitious goals for recovery.
- Neuropsychology: The neuropsychologists in our outpatient stroke rehabilitation program have helped patients with a wide range of traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries. They work with the physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapists – and the patient – to ensure that the stroke rehabilitation process focuses on the psychological needs of the recovering stroke patient.
- Therapeutic Recreation: When appropriate, recreational activities are weaved into the stroke rehabilitation process at Jefferson. The goal, as with the rest of our outpatient stroke rehabilitation program, is to move the patient toward independence through mastery of every day skills and therapeutic activities.
- Within our stroke recovery outpatient program, patients have access to clinicians who are certified with renowned Saebo tools for people recovering from stroke and other neurological impairments.
Additional Resources within Outpatient Stroke Recovery
In addition to our therapy programs, we provide a multitude of services to help make a patients recovery go smoothly. Throughout our outpatient program, patients and caregivers have access to the same team-based approach as they do in inpatient care.
We provide a case manager for additional assistance and supportive counseling. Additionally, family families have access to training and are invited to family conferences to facilitate carryover of skills. In order to ensure progression in recovery, a detailed document reviewing all recommendations at time of discharge, to inform caregivers.
We recognize that family and caregivers play a large role in outpatient stroke treatment recovery and face challenges of their own. Our Stroke Caregiver Problem-solving Group
holds open discussions among therapists and caregivers with the goal of providing strategies for navigating issues occurring at home during outpatient stroke rehabilitation.
Jefferson Moss-Magee Rehabilitation - Jenkintown
201 Old York Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Get directions: Jefferson Moss-Magee Rehabilitation - Jenkintown.
For More Information, Contact Us at 215-884-9050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jefferson Moss-Magee Rehabilitation - Jenkintown also offers the Young Empowerment Stroke Support group and an upper extremity maintenance program for stroke patients. Contact the Jenkintown office for details.