The Occupational Therapy Fellowship Program at MossRehab begins in July of each year and runs for 53 consecutive weeks. The program provides an intensive, 1-year experience combining clinical and didactic learning opportunities.
The foundation of the program is over 250 hours of one-on-one mentoring with expert clinicians at MossRehab. This occurs concurrently with clinical practice as a treating therapist, as the fellow moves through several clinical rotations within the diagnostic services at MossRehab. The fellow will also receive over 100 hours of didactic instruction following a curriculum designed to comprehensively address occupational therapy practice in physical rehabilitation.
Additional components of the program include structured learning experiences in areas related to clinical specialty evaluations, teaching, support groups, research, and scientific inquiry.
Fellowship graduates will complete activities to support a board certification application for physical rehabilitation from the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) that includes structured, reflective activities.
Why Choose MossRehab?
MossRehab has a long history of providing outstanding care to individuals with physical disabilities. This rich, dynamic clinical environment allows access to experienced occupational therapy practitioners as well as other member of the transdisciplinary care team.
MossRehab offers multiple CARF-accredited treatment programs, and is one of the nation’s top ten rehabilitation hospital, as listed by US News & World Report. Most importantly, MossRehab provides comprehensive services with superior outcomes for our patients across a spectrum of diagnoses.
MossRehab's OT Fellowship Program in Physical Rehabilitation has been approved by the AOTA.
- Occupational therapy licensure in the state of PA is required before entering the program.
- One year of clinical experience is preferred.
- The 2021-2022 year will include the following clinical assignments:
- 6 months on acute inpatient rehabilitation
- 6 months on outpatient rehabilitation service (with primarily neurological diagnoses)
- Applicant should plan to apply for board certification in physical rehabilitation following their fellowship year.
- We accept two fellows each year and hope to extend job offers by April/May.
- A $300 deposit towards tuition will be required upon acceptance.
Download Application Information for the OT Fellowship Program
For more information about the program
Mary Ferraro, PhD, OTR/L, coordinator, MossRehab Occupational Therapy Fellowship Program
Moss Rehabilitation Research Institute
50 Township Line Road
Elkins Park, PA 19027
Download the MossRehab Occupational Therapy Fellowship Program Fact Sheet