The patient advocates at Einstein can help you think through decisions or guide you on issues about access to healthcare services, medical bills or other challenges related to your, or a loved one's health.
Patient advocates can also help patients and visitors understand Einstein Healthcare Network policies, patient rights and responsibilities as well as:
• Provide a patient or family member with emotional support.
• Facilitate meetings between patients or family members and physicians or staff to help resolve issues.
• Listen and find solutions when a patient or family member has a complaint or concern.
• Provide feedback from the patient to the organization to continually improve the patient experience.
• Provide information for patients regarding services and resources. (e.g. social services, advance directives, medical power of attorney, financial services, and community resources).
To contact an Einstein Healthcare Network patient advocate, call 215-456-6334 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or e-mail PatientAdvocates@einstein.edu.
If you need additional assistance after discharge, you can also contact the Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF) at 1-800-532-5274 or go to their website, www.patientadvocate.org.