Management of Patients with Multiple Sclerosis
THIS COURSE IS FULL FOR BOTH SESSIONS.
Date: Thursday, July 11th or Wednesday, July 17th (Repeating course)
Time: 5:30 PM to 7:15 PM
Location: MossRehab Tabor, 1200 West Tabor Road, Philadelphia, PA 19141
Multiple Sclerosis affects approximately 500,000 people in the United States and over 2 million worldwide. Due to the unpredictability of MS, it can be challenging for patients and caregivers to cope with the fear of exacerbations, symptom progression and increased disability. Therapists will likely see patients with MS at multiple intervals during the disease course. Therefore it is important to have a clear understanding of the intricacies of working with a patient with MS in order to achieve optimal patient care. This introductory level course will address issues related to diagnoses, classifications, progression and intervention in patients with Multiple Sclerosis.
Target Audience: Physical and Occupational Therapists
Speaker: Naomi A. Greenberg, PT, DPT, GCS
5:30 – 6:00 Registration and Light Refreshments
6:00 – 6:15 Welcome Remarks
6:15 – 7:15 Management of Patients with Multiple Sclerosis
We will review and discuss:
- Multiple Sclerosis Epidemiology and Statistics
- Diagnosing Multiple Sclerosis
- Classifications of Multiple Sclerosis
- Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms
- Multiple Sclerosis Prognosis
- Members of the Rehabilitation Team
- Medical Interventions for Multiple Sclerosis
- Psychological Interventions for Multiple Sclerosis
- Therapeutic Interventions for Multiple Sclerosis
At the conclusion of this learning activity the participants will be able to
- Identify how a patient is diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis
- Describe different course classifications for Multiple Sclerosis
- Discuss current medical interventions for Multiple Sclerosis
- Identify (2) evidence based therapeutic interventions for Multiple Sclerosis
Satisfactory completion of the continuing education units consist of full attendance with monitored sign in/out forms and completion of course feedback form that includes self assessment of learning outcomes.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED - THIS COURSE IS FULL.
Contact Hours: 1
- Pennsylvania State Board of Physical Therapy
- New Jersey State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners